Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Saying Goodbye to Summer

Wow, I just never know how a tablescape will turn out.

Today's started out as an ode to fall and ended up as a goodbye to summer!

Thank You to Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for hosting Tablescape Thursday.

This week officially bid welcome to fall, although in my part of the country temperatures are still hovering in the muggy low 80's. So I gathered a smattering of left over summer flowers and created today's tablescape.

Please forgive the darker, grainier photos. the sun had been out all day up until the time I went to take pictures, but that is life...
All dressed up and no place to go!

The napkins get graced with pearls.



The last of our homegrown tomatoes...

The small clear glass votive holders were my thrift store find of the day! There were five of them including candles for .50 piece!

The center piece is simply maiden grass and day lilies!

Every table can benefit from a pop of color!


I love the shape of the little white pitcher.



As night falls..


Thank you for joining me for Tablescape Thursday.

Make sure you head on over to Between Naps on the Porch for inspiring ideas!


Join me tomorrow for Art Work Friday!

19 comments:

Julie said...

Love the way the white dishes look on the table cloth...So pretty
xoxo
Julie

Anonymous said...

Very pretty table. Love those napkin rings too!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Christine said...

Nice job on the table and your new look!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

This all looks delightful -- you just can't go wrong with white, now can you?

Anonymous said...

How nice!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Very pretty table...love those napkins rings...thanks for sharing...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

susan said...

Sometimes a tablescape is a little like a book--they create themselves! I love your centerpiece-I always like grasses for their texture. I am envious that you saw sun today!

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

Great table! I like your flatware and love the lilies in your centerpiece! Wonderful job!

Mary Bergfeld said...

This is very nice. Your napkin holders are unique. I've never seen the likes of them before. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

Deanna said...

What a nice presentation you've shared with Tablescape Thursday.
Fun to see how you've decorated the table.
Really like the napkin rings.

Autumn Blessings to you,
d from homehaven

Rettabug said...

I totally concur with your comment on the delightful shape of the white pitcher! It was the first thing that I noticed on your pretty table. Very well done!

♥Rettabug♥

Sarah said...

Love your simple touches. This is a lovely table with the tomatoes, touches of color, and your white pieces. Thanks for sharing. ~ Sarah

Slice of Pie said...

Beautiful ... love tht pop of red!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Very cozy and cute! I wish I'd grown tomatoes. My plant died in the heat.
Brenda

Ms. Bake-it said...

Like you Dee Dee, here in Florida, I am having a hard time saying goodbye to summer. Love the pop of the red and the shape of the pitcher.

Thank you for sharing!

~ Tracy

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVE the pearl napkin rings!!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a lovely tablescape. I love the white and red and everything is accessorized beautifully. Gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

Tammy@InStitches said...

I like it ! Did you happen to see my big doggie ?

Maureen said...

Just right to ease into the new season. Very pleasing!