Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Same little Bird- Take 2

I found an old copy of Black Beauty
at the Thrift Store a few months back.
Three books for a dime provided
me with the perfect back drop
for a second attempt at the
little bird I painted for my 3 color challenge.

"South for the Winter"- Acrylic on Board
7" x 3 1/2"

I decoupaged a page from the book onto the piece of board
then lightly painted over it with a thin coat of wall paint. 
My last bird was done in oil, however I wanted
the wording to show in the background,
so I opted to keep this one tighter and use
acrylic!  

3 comments:

Judy@judyfriendphotography.com said...

Love it!

Ronda Batchelor said...

i really like this one! I am partial to birds

corners of my life said...

Your painting is lovely.
“if we could act a little more according to common sense, and a good deal less according to fashion, we should find many things work easier;”
― Anna Sewell, Black Beauty