Sunday, April 11, 2010

Something New

A few months ago our laundry room went from
this...
to this...
For more see here!

We just loved the way the room turned out,
however, it was still missing a little something.
It needed a small change.
So after weeks of shopping I found just
what I was looking for.
Guess what it holds?
No, not trash...
Actually,
 it holds our 50 pound bag of dog food,
perfectly!

Sure beats...
which used to house the dog food!

I felt like Goldilocks during my search.
The "Oscar the Grouch" trash cans at the
big box stores were either
too BIG
or too small.

I checked
Home Depot
Lowes
Big Lots
Ikea
Sears
all with no results.

I finally found
the right size at our local Ace!
Ahhhhh... Just right!

I am linking to Metamorphosis Monday

10 comments:

Wendy said...

I might have to borrow this idea for Miss Lily! Love it!!
Oh my gosh...I missed the post on your laundry room make over! I would love to have a room that large and pretty! Hope you had a great weekend :)
Wendy

Michelle said...

Dee Dee,
Love the room and the stackable W & D.
Thats a great idea. I think those would make great recycling bins for the house also.
XoXo
Michelle

Terra said...

I am going out to buy a trash can this week! What a good idea. I hate seeing the dog bag in the bath off the garage. So ugly and bulky. Thanks for the tip.

Allison Shops said...

Great idea!

Peg @ Bloomfield Farm said...

Nice touch! It's always hard to find containers for things like dogfood and dirty clothes. Your new laundry room looks great!

Jude@ThisJewels4You said...

Hi DeeDee, I believe you are more organized than your Uncle :-) Great idea especially have BIG dogs. Now all it needs are painted on paw prints...Jude

Christine said...

You couldn't of found a more perfect container.
Love the shiny "newness" of a garbage pail.
Didn't realize that garbage pails came in so many different sizes. You did GOOD.

Jane said...

Perfect! That's a great idea for the dog food. Thanks for saving me the time of running around looking for one...I know to go right to ACE!
Jane

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

Well, aren't you clever! I looove it! I hopped over from Between Naps on the Porch and am so happy that I did! Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place when you get a moment. I have become a follower and would be honored if you choose to do the same! until later...

Nati Girl said...

Great idea. Love the chrome look! NG