Monday, April 5, 2010

A Busy Weekend!


Zac's Birthday...
Spring Break...
Easter...
Dad's Days Off!

This has been a wonderfully busy weekend!
On Friday we enjoyed the start of Spring break
and the first of Dad's day off
to celebrate Zac's 15th Birthday.

It is hard to believe that my first born is now 15.
Seems like just yesterday I was
dutifully serving my 10 weeks of bed rest
in order to welcome him into this world
on April 2, 1995!

Tradition in our home (and we don't have many)
allows for the birthday person to pick
their restaurant and cake.
Zac pick was lunch at our local Tropical Smoothie.
And...
Peanut Butter Cup Cake from Cold Stone.
We even saved you a slice!

On Sunday we attended church to celebrate
our Risen Lord and Savior... Jesus!
After Church we headed over to Mom and Dad's house
for our Family Easter/ Birthday celebration.

Each year Mom and Dad host our annual
Easter Egg Hunt.
This year
over 300 eggs!
On your mark..
Get set...
Go!

"Easter Bunny" doesn't leave candy...
"He" leave $$$$!

Of course we had to celebrate Zac's Birthday
with family too!
What a fantastic weekend!

God has blessed me with such a fabulous family.
I hope your Easter was full of love!

11 comments:

Jane said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Happy Birthday to Zach...tell him he made a great choice on that cake (I wish I could take that slice)!
Looks like all of the kids were enjoying the egg hunt and that you had beautiful weather for it.
Have a wonderful week.
Jane

Christine said...

Can I come to the next egg hunt$?$
It looked like everyone was in sandals and summer wear. What great weather!
Two great family celebrations really do make for a great weekend.
(by the way, you cracked me up, asking about my kitchen)

Katie said...

Wow, that cake looks so scrumptious! Happy Birthday to your Baby of 15 yrs!

Your Bunny leaves cash in all 300 eggs??? What is your address, I'm inviting myself for next year! ;)

Happy Belated Easter Dee Dee

Work has been a struggle, but I'm not giving up!

Wendy said...

Tell Zac that looks like an awesome Birthday cake. What fun to have an Easter egg hunt for $$$! Looks like a great weekend!
Hope you have a fun week!
Wendy

Peg said...

I am drooling over Zac's cake!!! I like your mom's idea for filling the eggs too. We had to watch so Anna wouldn't overfill on M&Ms here!

Destination Seaborn said...

Happy {Belated} Birthday to Zach! MMM...his birthday cake looks delish! My grandmother always hosted our family's Easter egg hunt. She too filled the eggs with money. Everyone's goal was to find the golden egg...it contained a twenty dollar bill!
School is going well. It's just keeping me busy, busy, busy. I have three exams next week. I really miss keeping up with you:(
Have a good weekend!

Lisa

Sue said...

I'm back! Well, not fully...but almost. I'm still in Florida, will be here a while longer. I do have some free time now to catch up with all my friends here. It is amazing how quickly our kids grow up, particularly after they hit high school. Time goes so fast. My first born will be 28 this summer...how did that happen?

I'm glad you had a great Easter weekend...family is what it is all about:)

Patty said...

Looks like fun ;) glad you guys had a good time!

Michelle said...

Hi Dee Dee,
Im so glad to be back!I've missed you! I love the wonderful family photos, looks like it was a wonderful Easter! Thanks for coming by and visiting and the warm welcome! Say hi to your mom!
XoXo
Michelle

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday, Zac! Great choice on the cake...I'm practically drooling over my keyboard. The $$$ egg hunt looks like a blast. Enjoy your wonderful family. :)

corners of my life said...

Did that cute girl in the background have anything to do with Zac's choice of the local Tropical Smoothie?