Saturday, March 13, 2010

Shout Out #3

I have always wanted to try my hand at flipping a house.
Finding that hidden pearl wrapped in a ugly shell.
I don't see this dream coming true any time soon,
but have run across the next best thing!

Let me introduce you to
Michelle
Chan
Sarah &
Austin

This family of four is has not only taken on a flip,
they are also doing a step by step blog about their experience!

Here is what they started with...
The outside has gone from...
to this...
finally to this...
And that's just the outside!
Here is a peek at the kitchen before...
to this...
and in current process...
and they haven't posted the final product yet!

They have done almost everything themselves,
including making these wonderful cabinets!
see here

If you have ever wanted to flip a house,
or just watch someone else try it,
I highly suggest a visit to Michelle's site

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow! This was so much fun to read, Dee Dee!!! I can't tell you how much we enjoyed this. Our whole family hovered around the monitor too see what you wrote. It was fun reading it together. Thanks for the wonderful mention and thanks for all your encouragement along the way. :)

Destination Seaborn said...

This is good stuff! I think watching a renovation is better than doing one {definately less stressful and very affordable}. Looks like they have been very busy! I can't wait to head over to their blogsite.
I've been busy tying up some loose ends (aka unfinished winter projects) before school starts in a couple weeks. I'll keep you posted! Thanks for dropping by! Lisa

P.S. I'm hoping to partcipate in next week's Art Work Friday...woo hoo!

Sue said...

I've always thought it would be fun too! I've just never had the extra cash, time or guts to try it!

Jane said...

I always enjoy watching the "flip" shows so this should be fun too. Thanks for the link, I'll go check it out.
Jane

Christine said...

There is something so satisfying about taking "plain" and making "beautiful".
Dee Dee, you did it with your laundry room.
It's creativity at it's finest.

Wendy said...

Dee Dee, I have been enjoying following Michelle's progress! They are amazing :)
Wendy

Katie said...

Yes, if time & money were not obstacle, wouldn't it be fun!
Those cabinets are GREAT!!!

Anonymous said...

I am doing good, just busy lately. I will be posting soon on Hayden's finished, decorated room. Hopefully by next Monday it will be done, we had alot of rain this weekend so it wasn't good for spray painting, in turn I didn't get hardly anything done for her room.