Sunday, March 28, 2010

Diners, Drive Ins and Dives

Dinner Out!

Wayne and I were able to join friends for dinner tonight!
They had heard of Terry's Turf Club which was recently
visited by Guy Fieri of Food Networks
Diners, Drive Ins and Dives.

Since the episode has yet to be aired,
and waits can be up to two hours during the weekend,
we decided to beat the crowds and give it a try!

Luckily our wait was only about 20 minutes tonight!
Terry's is known for wonderful hamburgers,
and thankfully they did not disappoint!

Of course, I left my camera at home.
Thankfully our friends had an nifty I-Phone
and took a few photos for me!

If I had my camera, you would be viewing photos of
peanut shells on the floor,
Hamburgers the size of softballs,
antique soda coolers...

Instead you get a photo of Wayne and I!
The most disappointing part of the evening was despite
the numerous signs advertising ice cream and milkshakes,
(see the front of the restaurant)
No ice cream to be found!
And if you've visited my blog before...
I love ice cream!

If you are in the Cincinnati area, love a good burger,
I highly recommend a visit to Terry's Turf Club!

12 comments:

Wendy said...

This looks like a great place to visit and Peanuts on the floor sounds like our kind of place!! I am going to share this with my neighbor who is from Cincinnati and will keep an eye out for it on the food network!
Have a great week :)
Wendy

Amy said...

Looks like a fun place to go on a date night. You'll have to let us know where exactly we can find this cool spot, cuz we LOVE a good burger! Too bad about the no ice-cream thing. I guess we'll have to hit Greater's on the way home!!
Love,
Amy

Katie said...

Looks like a Dive & those are the BEST!!! I love a place where you get to throw your peanut shells on the floor!

No Ice Cream though?? Tisk!!!

Sue said...

So, why do you think they have the signs and no ice cream? I love going to places and then seeing them on the Food Network. It is really smart you went before the air date!

Sue

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

looks like a very interesting place to eat.
Hope you enjoyed it, all except not getting any ice cream.
Molly

Christine said...

Where do I look first!
There is even a Barber Shop sign.
Good food, good company, good date. You and Wayne look cute together.

Judy@judyfriendphotography.com said...

Sounds like a neat place to eat at. Any idea when the episode airs? Hope you enjoyed "date" nite!!! Jude

Jane said...

That place looks like my kind of diner! But I have to agree with you, it would be perfect if it had ice cream too.
I'll be looking for the episode on the food network.
Jane

dee dee said...

Ladies,
I check on the web site and could not find the actual air date, just sometime this spring.
Dee Dee

corners of my life said...

I enjoy Diners, Drive Ins and Dives but usually watch it when I can't sleep and then - I just lay there hungry - craving all that unhealthy diner food.

Karen said...

Dee,
That place looks hilarious & seriously somewhere we need to check out in Cincy. Thanks for the post! NG

Michelle said...

Looks like a great place to grab a good burger. I love Food Network...and I enjoy Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. What fun to eat at one of the places he did an episode on. I hope I'll get to see it when it airs.