Well, it all started with this room!
My office needed something....
actually it needed alot of something!
Paint, to begin with!
Which I was happy to find on the
"opps" rack for $5 a can!
So, 4 months later...
this room above
Out went the light beige-pink walls,
to be replaced by crisp white on 3 walls
and an accent wall of cocoa brown!
I kept my desk.
I was able to land this desk a few years
ago at a local thrift store for $30.
I had my eye on it for several months,
however, could not justify the $100.
The day I saw it marked down...
I snapped it right up!
stripping down the years of dark
build up of stain, dirt, crayon, etc!
I was able to create my light fixture
using an Ikea "Hemma",
an old lamp shade!
Using some old muslin,
The black bookshelf on the back wall was
originally used to store albums
(the 45 and record variety).
I found it at the same thrift store as my desk
and only paid about $2 for it!
I painted it black many years ago
and Wayne helped me frost the front glass
using frosted spray paint.
(We frosted the inside and it still looks like new!)
The framed print on the top of the bookshelf
used to hang in Mom Mom Friend's (my Grandma)
I always wondered what it would have been
like to attend the party in the big
house with the warm yellow windows!
One of my favorites!
I am also excited on how the back wall turned out!
Using two garage sale frames,
I painted them with the same white and cream
as the mail box.
It was a very easy way of "framing"
two smaller paintings.
The "Button B" was a project
I made a year ago!
I rounded out the wall with two
framed silhouettes of Zac
and Madison when they were little!
The little white rolling cart
was purchased for about $3.
The curtains are standard size drop cloths.
They were a packaged "bogo" deal,
2 for $9. I simply washed them a few times
with bleach and hung them on the existing curtain rods!
The chair was brought up from the basement.
The kids claimed the green chair was
too uncomfortable to sit and watch TV.
My curbside find was a stack of old
kitchen drawers. The fronts had already been
removed, but the construction was solid including
I simply removed the drawer sliders
and strung clothesline in the holes.
I added an identifying tag where there
once was a drawer pull!
I just love "free"!
Thank you for coming on this tour
of my office.